Monday, January 31, 2011

No Room for Rahm


In today's Chicago Sun-Times editorial page, the paper endorsed Rahm Emanuel for mayor of Chicago.

I guess the job is now his for the taking.

As they say in the Spanish-speaking parts of the world, "Jesu Cristo."

That's exactly how I feel. To me, he's just an extension of the Daley Machine. Another powerful white guy who can be bought and sold by the highest bidders, advancing his own agenda, making lots of dough for his friends, and not really looking out for my (our your) best interests.

Then again, that's probably true for the non-white guy that I'll be voting for on Feb. 22.

Sigh.

Maybe y'all should just vote for me. I need a good gig, anyways.

So it goes...

*************************************************************************************
photo stolen from mashable.com

1 comment:

  1. The revolving door swings around again. Here's something from Brother Billy that will be sure to make you even happier, because, you know, the best things in life are free..

    btw Mike, I always say HeyZeus! Christy, but that's because I play the tumbao.

    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/01/us-taxpayers-should-not-pay-for-fixing-us-infrastructure-new-white-house-chief-declares/

    ReplyDelete