Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Who's on Unemployment?


There's a lot of us out there that are broke. It's not exactly the best of times. It's not the worst either.

No yet.

At least not in my world.

But it's getting there. I've recently joined the ranks of the unemployed (yes, yes, a collective gasp can be heard all around, I'm sure). That means that I've had to jump through the bureaucratic hoops for the Illinois Dept. of Employment Security (IDES) that many of you know all too well. It's been almost a month since I was let go, and there is still a bunch of dithering as to whether or not I'm entitled to unemployment compensation. After applying with IDES, I got a letter 10 days later saying I'd be getting a call in another 10 days. That call came today. Now they have to call my old job and then make a ruling.

You guessed it: another 10 days.

I still don't know why they didn't contact the job first, and THEN contact me. It seems backwards. It seems stupid.

It IS typical.

I still haven't gotten any of the dough, which is earned money, by the way.

It seems like government operating at it's optimum efficiency again, and as always. Earlier today, eight of the nation's top bankers went to D.C. to explain how the $700 billion bailout money was used and whether or not they needed more.

More for corporate jets, or executive salaries, or junkets to Vegas? I say humph AND harrumph.

I could use some of it. You could too, I'm sure.

So it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment