Thursday, May 21, 2009

Semi- Live Blogging: On the Road w/ Mississippi Heat

Well, today is the first day of a three-day east coast tour with the renowned Chicago Blues band, Mississippi Heat.

This band has been a fixture on the Chicago Blues scene for nearly 20 years. Led by harmonica player Pierre Lacocque, there have been many names and faces that have shared the stage with the group, both as subs and regulars.

This weekend, I'm one of those names AND faces (thanks, Diff.) This is my first time playing with the band. I've been called by Pierre several times over the years (usually later than last minute,) and this is the first time I've been able to say yes.

Very exciting.

Right now, we're in Williamsburg, VA. I'm in the hotel room listening to the tunes that MIGHT be played. I've got 5 CD's and little time.

But the blues is the blues. It should be a piece of cake.

I'll be leaving in 2 hours for the first show, and I'll keep you updated all weekend.

So it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment